Everybody could use a little more traffic to their blog. More traffic means more readers, subscribers and ultimately…more affiliate sales. Who wouldn’t want that, right? Here are some tips to help you get more traffic.
1. Add your personality. Create interesting content, rather than straight sales pitches or formal articles.
2. Add an RRS feed to your website and ping web logs like pingomatic.com
4. Submit your blog to blog directories. Just search for “blog directory” on Google for the latest directories (there’s always new ones being added.
5. Look into using tools like “trackback” that creates a link back to your site when you link to an entry on another blog.
6. Email your mailing list when you update your blog. Or set up a special new post notification mailing list.
7. Guest post on other blogs. Contact some owners of busy blogs and ask if you can write an original blog post in return for a link to your blog.
8. Create a blog meme. A meme is often a quiz, survey or other fun thing to post to your blog. You can create your own for other blog owners to pass around, add to their blog and have them link back to you when they post it.
9. Be controversial. If you’ve got an opinion, don’t be afraid to share it.
10. Share your blog post links to your Twitter, Facebook and other online friends.
11. Host a sweepstakes or giveaway. You know people love free stuff. Contact us at [insert address] and we can probably hook you up with a giveaway.
12. And of course, keep your blog up-to-date and post regularly. That’ll keep them coming back.